18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS761)
Do I need this course?
Anyone working with electrics is required to have an understanding of the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS761) which came into effect in January 2019.
Potential candidates include:
- Those looking to apply for an Installation or Maintenance Electrician Gold Card, in order to achieve their ‘Registered Electrician Status’
- Anyone whose day-to-day work requires an understanding of electrical wiring – e.g. builders, plumbers, kitchen fitters or gas engineers
- Operatives who are Part P qualified and seeking to join some Electrical Registration Bodies, Competent Person Schemes or the Microgeneration Scheme.
Whilst training in the subject isn’t necessarily mandatory, it is often the best way to gain a comprehensive understanding. A formal qualification clearly demonstrates that you have the required knowledge.
What will I learn?
Viva’s 18th Edition qualification covers the scope, objectives and fundamental principles of BS7671. On completion of the course, candidates will understand how to assess electrical installations and the requirements for:
- Protection relating to the safety of electrical installations
- The selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- The inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Special installations and locations as identified in BS7671
How long is the course?
Approximately 3 days
How will I be assessed?
There is no practical aspect to this course – all assessment is based online.
What qualification will I receive?
LCL Awards Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018
Book your free place on an open day or contact us to find out more!
- Electrical Training at VIVA
- Fast Track Electrical Course
- Supervising Install, Test & Compliance
- Initial Verification & Periodical Inspection Course
- In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (Formerly PAT Testing)
- Domestic Electrical Installer Course