For operatives wishing to join some Electrical Registration Bodies, Competent Persons Scheme or the Microgeneration Scheme, this qualification is a requirement for being able to achieve this.
What will I learn?
- the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671
- the definitions used within BS7671,
- how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- the requirements of protection for safety of electrical installations
- the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- the requirements of special installations and locations as identified in BS7671
- the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
What qualification will you receive?
- LCL Awards Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018
Candidates should have suitable knowledge of electrical theory and ideally be working within the electrical or related industry. The total number of hours of training for this qualification may vary dependent upon if you hold specific qualifications covering the requirements of BS7671 (2015) or not.
Approximate course length – 1 week