This is currently a very fluid situation and specific advice for Gas Engineers making either home or business inspections during COVID-19 needs clarification from Government and the HSE.
We will publish updated information as we get it or monitor the Gas Safe Register COVID Advice.
General Information for Gas Engineers
We recommend cancelling new installations or maintenance, where an inspection or investigation must take place we recommend:
- Personal protective equipment, frequent hand washing and or use hand sanitising gel.
- Before visiting, confirm whether anyone has been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID 19 – if Yes you should cancel the visit and reschedule after a 14 day period.
- If anything makes you feel uncomfortable you should leave the premises.
Inform the customer to please remain at least two meters away from yourself whilst in the premises, ideally be in another room.
You do not need customer signatures on documentation or warning notices during this period.
There is no extension available of your Gas Safe Registration period as a result of the COVID-19 situation.
The Government has provided additional advice for people working in people homes:
- Work carried out in people’s homes, for example by tradespeople carrying out repairs and maintenance, can continue, provided that the tradesperson is well and has no symptoms.
- Again, it will be important to ensure that Public Health England guidelines, including maintaining a two-metre distance from any household occupants, are followed to ensure everyone’s safety.
- No work should be carried out in any household which is isolating or where an individual is being shielded, unless it is to remedy a direct risk to the safety of the household, such as emergency plumbing or repairs, and where the tradesperson is willing to do so. In such cases, Public Health England can provide advice to tradespeople and households.
NO WORK should be carried out by a tradesperson who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- ACS Reassessment During COVID-19
- How Long Does A Gas Safe Qualification Last
- How Long Does It Take to Be a Gas Engineer?
- How do I Train to be a Gas Engineer?
- Apps for Gas & Heating Engineers