Do you want to become a gas installer?
This gas safe course is a certified route into the gas industry without any previous experience in plumbing or gas – all that we need to do is carry out a short informal assessment before you start, to make sure that this is the right course for you.
During this course, you will complete both classroom and practical based learning, along with time to complete your portfolio. The length of time it takes to complete your training very much depends on you and your ability to stick to your training plan. We will, however, support you to make sure that you have all of the necessary support and guidance needed in gaining your qualifications.
Your portfolio forms a very important part of your certification and gives you the opportunity to gather the evidence of the work that you have completed in a ‘live’ environment in preparation for your practical exams.
In order to qualify, you will need to produce a portfolio recording five of types of services – so that’s five installations, five repairs and five services.
Don’t worry if you don’t already have a placement with a registered gas safe engineer, we can find one for you that is close to where you are based.
Fast Track Gas Safe Course Modules
The fast-track gas course is broken down into manageable chunks and delivered by ex-British Gas Engineers, covering the following areas :
- Introduction to plumbing, gas and heating theory and principles
- Health and Safety including safe use of tools, asbestos, legionella awareness, manual handling and fire safety precautions
- Pipework installation and practical skills
- Gas legislation, Building Regulations and British Standards
- Industry unsafe situations procedures
- Tightness testing of domestic natural gas installations
- Measuring and interpretation of gas pressures and the calculation of heat inputs
- Gas appliance functions and the operation of gas safety controls
- Principles of flueing, chimneys and combustion
- Safe isolation of electrical installations
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- Approved Prior Learning (APL) Programme for Domestic Natural Gas
- Water Regulations (WRAS), Hot Water Systems, Safety (Inc. Unvented hot water systems)
- ACS refresher training and assessment for Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) and Gas fired boilers and water heaters (CENWAT)
This course in total can last from 15 weeks – with your time split between the centre and your on-site placement.
Generally, the gas safe course is run to the following format :
- 3 weeks in the centre (Monday – Thursday)
- 4 weeks doing your portfolio
- 2 weeks in the centre (Monday – Thursday)
- 4 weeks doing your portfolio
- 1 week in the centre for intensive revision (Monday – Thursday)
- Final Theory & Practical Exams
Usual hours 8:30 am – 4 pm
A Training Centre You Can Trust
The management and trainers have been in the gas industry for over three generations and what we have learnt about working safely on gas, building business’s, changing and adapting with the times, we are eager to pass onto you so you can enjoy a long and rewarding time working and developing within our industry.
Take the first step today and call 0800 6123177 or 07399 031533