Flammable refrigerant training for experienced F Gas engineers
While better for the environment, some of the low Global Warming Potential (GWP) refrigerants are also flammable, so handling them has to be done safely. To help experienced refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump (RACHP) engineers deal with flammable refrigerants we deliver the LCL Awards Level 3 qualification – Understanding the Properties and use of Flammable Refrigerants in accordance with ACRIB specification (A2L, A2 and A3).
The qualification is designed to help candidates gain a better understanding of Health & Safety regulations applicable to the safe use of flammable refrigeration gases when planning, installing, servicing and repairing F Gas reliant appliances.
What will you learn?
- Understand the different classes of flammability as recognised by legislation, safety standards such as BS EN 378, ISO5149, BS EN 60335 and manufacturers’ instructions.
- Understand specific health and safety
- Understand the legislative and organisational procedures for installation, servicing, maintaining and decommissioning of these refrigerants in RACHP systems
- Understand the differences between different refrigerant classes in a variety of RACHP systems
- Understand the procedures for planning and preparing for work on RACHP systems
- Be able to plan and prepare for work on RACHP systems
- Understand the specific requirements for installing and testing RACHP systems
- Understand service and maintenance procedures
- Be able to service and maintain RACHP systems
- Understand the decommissioning procedures for RACHP systems
Entry Requirements: Candidates must hold a valid Level 3 F-Gas Category 1 or 2 Certification – issued within the last 5 years.
Approximate length of course – 1 ½ days