In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (Formerly PAT Testing)
Do I need this course?
The In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment course is an ideal bolt-on qualification for experienced electricians.
Aligned to BS7671, it covers both portable and fixed appliances and is based on the IET’s Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition.
Suitable for electricians who are familiar with installations, electrical safety and all associated hazards, this course is fully compliant with the certification requirements of Registration Bodies such as NAPIT, Stroma & NICEIC.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course, candidates will understand:
- The statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment maintenance.
- Electrical units, circuits, components and definitions associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- How equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock.
- The procedures for the in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- Why and how to carry out the inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- The information relating to in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
- The responsibilities and training requirements for personnel associated with the inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
You will be able to:
- Inspect and test items of electrical equipment
- Carry out testing of electrical installations
- Complete and report the condition of the electrical installation to the client.
How long is the course?
Approximately 2 days
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this qualification is via work performance activities and short response written assessment.
What qualification will I receive?
LCL Level 3 In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment.
To book your place on an open day or find out more, please get in touch!
- Electrical Training at VIVA
- Fast Track Electrical Course
- 18th Edition Course
- Supervising Install, Test & Compliance
- Initial Verification & Periodical Inspection Course
- Domestic Electrical Installer Course