Initial Verification & Periodic Inspection, Testing, Condition Reporting & Certification of Electrical Installations
Do I need this course?
The Initial Verification & Periodic Inspection course is designed for experienced installers. On completion of the training, you will be certified to carry out the initial verification and certification elements, and periodically inspect and report on the safety of existing installations.
Operatives should hold the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations or an equivalent certification and must have practical working knowledge of both domestic and commercial electrical installations – including 3 phase.
On-site experience of initial verification and certification of electrical installations, as well as familiarity with the relevant test equipment and paperwork compliant with BS7671 are useful prerequisites.
What will I learn?
On completion of the course, candidates will understand and be able to apply the requirements for:
- Completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- The instruments necessary to carry out the inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Completing the inspection of electrical installations
- Testing before circuits are energised
- Testing energised installations
- The initial verification, testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- The completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation.
- Confirm safe systems of work and the suitability of the electrical installation for initial verification
- Test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Complete and report the outcome of the initial verification and issue the electrical installation certificate to the client
- Commission the electrical installation
- Understand the requirements for periodic inspecting and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- Confirm safe systems of work and the suitability of the electrical installation for periodic inspection and testing
- Carry out testing of electrical installations
- Complete and report the condition of the electrical installation to the client.
You will be able to:
How long is the course?
Approximately 6.5 days
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this qualification is through work performance activities and written assessments.
What qualification will I receive?
LCL Level 3 Initial Verification & Periodic Inspection, Testing, Condition Reporting & Certification of Electrical Installations.
To book your place on an open day or find out more, please get in touch!