In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (Formerly PAT Testing)
This course is ideal for experienced electricians who wish to qualify in the inspection and testing of in-service electrical equipment.
In order to be able to certify that in-service equipment is safe to use, you will need to be qualified in In-Service Inspection & Testing to certify this. This course is fully compliant with the certification requirements of the Registration Bodies such as NAPIT, Stroma & NICEIC.
What will you learn?
- Introduction to Portable Appliance Testing
- Safe working practices
- Code of practice for Portable Appliance Testing
- Insulation and earthing
- Classification of appliances
- Practical knowledge of PAT testing and inspection
- Recording, labelling and documentation
What qualification will I receive?
- LCL Level 3 In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment
This course is suitable for electricians who are familiar with installations, electrical safety and its associated hazards.