Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
Do I need this course?
The Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations course has been specially designed for learners looking to become a Qualified Supervisor for a Competent Person Scheme (CPS) in the UK.
There are no formal pre-requisites to this qualification, but candidates should have suitable knowledge of electrical theory and must be working with a CPS registered company within the electrical industry.
Candidates must have access to a qualified and registered mentor in order to complete this course.
What will you learn?
On completion of the course, candidates will understand and be able to apply:
- Health and Safety legislation, practices and procedures for ‘Electrical Installations in Dwellings’
- Environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems associated with Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- Practices and procedures for overseeing and organising the working environment prior to installing electrical installations in dwellings
- Electrotechnical Occupational Competence – Approval of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- The principles, practices and procedures for the planning, preparation and selection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in dwellings
- Diagnostic principles and practices for correcting electrical faults in electrical installations in dwellings
- The practices and procedures for the installation and connection of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in dwellings
- The principles, practices and legislation for the inspection, testing, commissioning, approving and certification of electrical installations in dwellings.
How long is the course?
Approximately 9.5 weeks
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through work performance activities, short response written assessment, multiple choice questions and on-site observations.
What qualification will I receive?
LCL Awards Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings.To book your place on an open day or find out more, please get in touch!
- Electrical Training at VIVA
- Fast Track Electrical Course
- 18th Edition Course
- Initial Verification & Periodical Inspection Course
- In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (Formerly PAT Testing)
- Domestic Electrical Installer Course